Whether you are demolishing a property for new construction or to get rid of an unfortunate hassle on your land, Valet Works Construction is here to help. Removing an apartment building, apartment complex, hotel, senior living building, or student housing property, the demolition is actually the easy part.
Before the demolition takes place the city typically requires:
- A detailed survey showing property lines, lots, trees within 50 feet of building to be demolished, power lines, and photos.
- Asbestos testing on the building. Testing will be sent to a lab and 9 times out of 10 will contain asbestos if the property is 20 years old or more.
- When asbestos is found a plan must be created follow city regulation to control asbestos and dispose at a certified land field.
- Occasionally drawings are needed to submit to the city.
- All utilities must be permanently turned off.
- Contact the “Call before you dig department if the demolition will require excavation.
- Apply for the permit and the permit processing phase typically takes 3 weeks.
Valet Works has the team to handle the project in full with our certified surveyors, pre-construction team, and an expediter to make sure our permit application does not remain at the bottom of the list with the city.
We understand all phases of demolition so you will not be blind sided by a 50% change order which typically happens in a commercial demolition with a contractor who does not have experience. The pre-construction phase of a demolition can be 25% of the cost or more.
From start to finish, we make the entire process a breeze. Our pricing is competitive as we have over 14 years of experience in commercial demolition on apartments and hotels.
We serve Atlanta, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, and California. During the commercial demolition we ensure a professional, safe and affordable wrecking and tedious cleanup process.