Are you bored with the current interior design of your apartment? Are you planning to raise the rental amount of your apartment? As a landlord, you might want to renovate your apartment for the next tenant.
We’re here to provide you with a complete apartment renovation checklist. You already know that when it comes to apartment renovation, you need to keep an eye on a lot of things. It is not just a process; you must consider many renovation points.
From the condition of the floor to the condition of the shower, several things should be up to the code before you move in. Apartment Renovation provides you an opportunity to upgrade it to another level.
What Is the Apartment Renovation Checklist?
A checklist is one of the essential parts of renovations. It is beneficial to have it, especially when moving your furniture because you don’t want to bring a couch halfway across the apartment only to realize that you forgot to move the TV.
Apartment renovation typically includes switching out the old things for the new ones, making improvements to make your apartment more attractive, and getting rid of the things that are not serving any purpose and are just taking up space in your apartment.
Plan Your Renovation Process
- Note down on a page all the changes you want in your apartment. Divide them into two sections; “must-have” (which include remodeling, repairing, and maintenance) and “nice-to-have” (these are the accessories for your apartment to give it a luxurious look)
- Do not forget to take the opinion of every family member in the house.
- Renovate your apartment according to all seasons, considering all the minor and significant details. Because if you are renovating it in the Winter season and do not consider what you will need in the Summer, it’ll cause trouble in the summer. And you may have to renovate it again.
- While renovating, make sure that enough sunlight comes from the windows and that the apartment is well-illuminated.
- Figure out the budget for your apartment renovations. You’ll need a high budget if you want to add luxuries to your apartment, but a creative interior designer and an architect can help you do it on an affordable budget.
Here is the essential checklist that you can consider for your apartment renovations!
Kitchen Renovation Checklist
Everyone knows that the “Kitchen Is The Heart of Home.” Apartment kitchens are not spacious, and you have to utilize them in the best way possible. You can add hangings behind the cabinet doors or use the roll-out cabinet drawers to increase the storage space. There are many built-in options for electric appliances in the kitchen, like a dishwasher and refrigerator. Use the best company appliances in your kitchen for a better user experience.
Do not hesitate to spend a good amount on your kitchen renovation because a beautiful luxurious kitchen makes the apartment look more attractive and splendid.
- Start the inspection from the kitchen. Walk through your kitchen and look for:
- Any water leakage through faucets and water connections.
- Any pest damage in the shelves and the cabinets or if the cabinets need new lining paper.
- The foul smell of cooking oils or other kitchen products coming from cooking range and cabinets.
- Electric repairs in the built-in appliances like dishwasher or fridge.
- Dirty and greasy outlet vent.
- A fresh coating of paint
- Eco-friendly countertop and oven. Replacing a countertop is the most cost-effective method to provide your kitchen with an innovative look.
- White cabinetry with brass elements will make your kitchen look attractive.
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Finish appliances in modern style for a proud look in the kitchen
- Install water-smart low-flow taps
- In-built dishwasher and refrigerator
- Do all the required plumbing work in the kitchen.
- Accessories like roll-out cabinet drawers
- Instant Hot Water in the kitchen
- A sink with no water leakage
- Switches with safety shutter sockets
- Use bright lights
- Install water Filter
- Garbage Disposal
Spending a good amount on kitchen renovation will create a luxurious look for your living space.
Bathroom Renovation Checklist
Regarding priority, the bathroom is the second room to focus on. Its renovation can be a bit challenging as this is the main site for water damage and mold formation.
While inspecting the restroom, look for
- Any water leakage from the sink and the shower
- Mold formation in corners
- Damaged floor
- Dirty outlet vent
- Fused light bulbs
- Paint the restroom walls with some neutral color.
- Change the outlet vent.
- Replace the older vanity with a new water-resistant vanity. It will give your bathroom an aesthetic look.
- Use a cleanser to remove molds and mildew.
- Use open self-storage ideas in your washroom. It will provide you with extra space to keep your cosmetic products.
- Replace the older showerhead or faucet with the new one.
- Buy new aesthetic shower curtains
- Add a modern mirror restroom.
- Get all the plumbing work done in
- Hand Shower
- Head for Tub
- Tub Doors
- Tub Filler
- Shower Floor
- Shower Drain
- Lavatory Sink
- Medicine Cabinet
- Floor Tiles or Finish
- Waterproof Membrane
- Heat Mat
- Accessories: Toilet bars, Toilet paper holder, Handles, Grab bars
General Renovation Checklist
Besides the kitchen and washroom, every apartment has general living spaces, including bedrooms, living room or TV lounge, etc. Renovation of these areas is also significant. The ceiling, flooring, and the distemper of the master bedroom matter the most. You can take inspiration from the internet for your apartment renovation.
While inspecting the general spaces for renovation, you should look for:
- Paint peeling off from the room walls
- Damaged floor
- Any stains on walls
- Damaged furniture
- Internal heating system
- Fused light bulbs
- Air conditioners
Inspecting these general spaces will not take much time compared to the kitchen and bathroom.
General Living Space Upgrades
Bedrooms, TV lounge or living area should be upgraded in modern style. While renovating the rooms, keep in mind the following items:
- Acclimate wood flooring before installation
- Floor Leveling
- Door Hardware
- Painting for the front wall
- Dimmers or Switch
- Window sills
- Smoke Detectors
- Window and Door Casement Moldings
Drawbacks of Apartment Renovation
The main drawback of renovating a house is dealing with the residents of the neighboring apartments. Try to achieve the renovation target earlier as all the apartments are in one large building regulated and controlled by an organization that ensures the protection and peace of the collective tenants of the building.
You’ll be allowed to do the contracting work during specific hours of the day. Moreover, you’ll have to inform your neighbors a long time before renovating your apartment. Thus apartment renovation is a longer process than house renovation.
VALET WORKS Can Help You with Apartment Renovation
If you are unsure about any upcoming renovation tasks, get in touch with Valet Works. When you choose Valet Works, you get to collaborate with a team (consisting of the best architect and interior designers) with extensive working experience in this industry. Our hardworking team can complete the desirable renovations in your apartment in a short time. Give us a call right now to get further information regarding our services! Call us today.